Our services

Here is a list of just some of the things we can do for our service users :

  • We offer advice and assist with benefit application for  Disabled Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Universal Credit (UC),  Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance and Pension Credit. Disabled Parking Badges, Diamond Travel Card
  • We can obtain application forms for clients and help to fill them out, (and can provide home visits to the house bound for this if necessary).
  • We can refer people to agencies dealing with issues such as fuel poverty, heating or care needs.
  • We accept reports about disabled access problems and try to do something about this type of issue.
  • We can advise about how to obtain disability equipment, facilities or medical advice
  • We provide somewhere to go to have a chat about any issue of concern.

If we are not able to help directly, then we will always try to refer enquirers to another agency that can.

All our volunteers are CRB checked and given ongoing training. Not just in the technical details of the benefits system, for example, but in how to give a professional service to the public. A volunteer’s experience with us can build confidence, communication and office skills, and perhaps aid a return to paid work if so desired.